login

Author Topic: (old) TLD Help needed: Models and Voices  (Read 493872 times)

Deon

Re: TLD: Help needed: Models, Voices & Miscellaneous Jobs
« Reply #480 on: September 27, 2008, 02:58:12 pm »
I know how it goes. He also told me that you have nice texturers because I'm bad at "painting" still.

I tried to rework the goblin texture to fit the mod better but it's still on another end of the stick from Perfect.

DaBlade

« Reply #481 on: September 27, 2008, 03:05:41 pm »
We discussed before how the goblins and orcs should look and that kind of rat-like look was one of the options we liked (as far as I can remember). The model doesn't look bad, maybe we could try some adjustments, I dunno. Let's see what the other guys have to say about it. Me or any of the guys could help you with the texture. I believe we'd rather go for a more dark/swart skin color.

We'd probably need to make it compatible with the ingame face editor if we were to use it though, which I believe is a far more complex task.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 03:07:53 pm by DaBlade »

Offline Triglav

• Master
  • I'll bite your axe off!
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 27, 2008, 03:11:03 pm »
I'd gladly take care of the orc head texturing, as I've done most of the previous oens as well and still have many resources saved...
"Of course, just by reading this forum you get a geek point. If you post you get a lifetime membership card.
If you contribute to the mod your praises are sung by the lords of dorkistan for an age and a half."
-Ancientwanker

DaBlade

« Reply #483 on: September 27, 2008, 03:16:22 pm »
I'd gladly take care of the orc head texturing, as I've done most of the previous oens as well and still have many resources saved...

Cool :) What do you think of the model, do you like it? Any suggestions?

EDIT: I think I'd like smaller ears and nose... for a start.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 03:18:32 pm by DaBlade »

Deon

« Reply #484 on: September 27, 2008, 03:24:30 pm »
It was for the Warhammer that's why it has oversized nose/ears, warhammer is a bit cartoonish.
I will definitely work on it more because I myself don't like how it looks yet, I need to spend some time on RL (exams and family stuff) and I'll show you something better (at least I hope so) later.

Offline Brutus

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 27, 2008, 04:18:52 pm »
Yea I would avoid the warhammer look.  Id prefer more flattened features.  Though a "rat" face shape might be cool too.  I am thinking pointy nose/face with reeding eyebrows and chin.  Kind of a wedge/triangular shaped snout-nosed thing. :P 

Offline Triglav

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 27, 2008, 05:05:45 pm »
Ears and nose should be radically scalable in the face creation screen, so we can create really grotesque fellas.

But in principle a lowly snaga should be something like:
"Of course, just by reading this forum you get a geek point. If you post you get a lifetime membership card.
If you contribute to the mod your praises are sung by the lords of dorkistan for an age and a half."
-Ancientwanker

Offline Ancientwanker

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 27, 2008, 06:42:35 pm »
Oh yeah, I asked him to post here to get some ideas for any weapons we might need.  Feel free to suggest anything to him and we'll see what comes up.

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #488 on: September 28, 2008, 12:29:07 am »
that snaga Triglav posted is IMHO VERY GOOD example. Really snagaish.
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 28, 2008, 06:52:02 am »
"Snagaish"?    :-\

Offline Triglav

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 28, 2008, 07:00:35 am »
Snagaesque perhaps?
-Ancientwanker

Nim Feabeleg

« Reply #491 on: October 05, 2008, 06:02:59 am »
Just the other day i was reading "Unfinished Tales of Númenor and the Middle Earth" (Portuguese version) and in about page 80, Hurín goes to the Nirnaeth Arnoediad, and just as he is ready to ride, he shouts:
Lacho calad! Drego Morn! (Flame on, light! Flee now, night!) something like that.

I think the "Lacho calad!" should do a great warcry for elven forces.

DaBlade

« Reply #492 on: October 05, 2008, 02:40:52 pm »
Just the other day i was reading "Unfinished Tales of Númenor and the Middle Earth" (Portuguese version) and in about page 80, Hurín goes to the Nirnaeth Arnoediad, and just as he is ready to ride, he shouts:
Lacho calad! Drego Morn! (Flame on, light! Flee now, night!) something like that.

I think the "Lacho calad!" should do a great warcry for elven forces.

We have it already ;)

Nim Feabeleg

« Reply #493 on: October 06, 2008, 08:12:41 am »
Didnt find it in 2.4 version.

Edit: Nevermind i was looking in elven forces, i just found it now as Dunedain warcries, good job, it makes more sense for being a dunedain warcry than any other tipe of unit.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 08:16:47 am by Nim Feabeleg »

Vraven

« Reply #494 on: October 07, 2008, 12:59:46 am »
I know how it goes. He also told me that you have nice texturers because I'm bad at "painting" still.

I tried to rework the goblin texture to fit the mod better but it's still on another end of the stick from Perfect.

Deon, the quality on this head is rather that of someone familiar, but still fairly new to texturing and modeling - nothing compared to the weapons you posted before. Are you sure you made all of these objects? I really, really hate to like, ask this sort of question, but I'm highly skeptical, looking at this.

I will mention that the four weapons after the first one (which lacks the poly resolution of a game model, another thing you see a lot in the work of those who are new to modding) look like they could have been ripped directly from a game like WAR.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 01:03:45 am by Vraven »