Author Topic: (old) TLD Help needed: Models and Voices  (Read 493964 times)

Berengario

Re: TLD: Help needed: Models, Voices & Miscellaneous Jobs
« Reply #450 on: June 11, 2008, 02:34:31 pm »
The hobbit accent is supposed to sound like cockney, and I'm sorry I've been away, I've been working on learning to model, I've made a (in my opinion) nice looking dwarf helmet, I just need to texture it, and then learn how to send it over the internet...

Nim Feabeleg

« Reply #451 on: July 30, 2008, 08:11:41 pm »
I have been reading tons of threads and getting updated in these forums about ALL YOUR WORK, inspired by my try at TLD.
I believe to have some talent for voice acting, and later will learn about modding so i can help more.  ;)
What i wanted to know now is what program would you recommend for me to record on. Anyone?

DaBlade

« Reply #452 on: July 30, 2008, 08:46:50 pm »
I have been reading tons of threads and getting updated in these forums about ALL YOUR WORK, inspired by my try at TLD.
I believe to have some talent for voice acting, and later will learn about modding so i can help more.  ;)
What i wanted to know now is what program would you recommend for me to record on. Anyone?

You can search here for freee sound recorder software:

http://www.download.com/1770-2001_4-0.html?searchtype=downloads&query=sound%20recorder

Or you can even use the one built in Windows ;)

Nim Feabeleg

« Reply #453 on: July 31, 2008, 06:19:33 am »
Yeah looking is easy, was just wondering if there is any program in specific you would recommend.
WavePad 3.11 seems worthy trying, i tried some that were free but had those bothering BUY NOW messages.
I also think the twisted creatures of Morgoth need more groans and yells, stuff like "Victory for the eye!" shouldn't be used much because they hate their master/s and it would also give a more brutish feel to whoever approaches.

DaBlade

« Reply #454 on: July 31, 2008, 09:20:08 am »
I think I just tried a shareware prog once, it was called Goldwave or something like that. I believe it was OK. I've been using pro software for a long time, so I'm not the best person to be recommending shareware or free programs :P

Whenever you manage to record something you like, PM me or post here :)

n8rush10

« Reply #455 on: August 08, 2008, 11:24:21 pm »
Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself into this forum,
My name is Nate Rushton, I currently just finished my Interactive Multimedia degree at Columbia College Chicago.
I have been Modeling with Maya for the last 6 years, but have yet to actually work on any game related projects,
I have mainly made movies and things of that nature for myself and school work, etc.

I was recently refferenced over to this site from the official M&B forum. I would like to help in any way that I can, just let me know
You can take a peak at some of the work I posted here

http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,42550.0.html

Thanks a lot!

DaBlade

« Reply #456 on: August 09, 2008, 12:43:26 am »
Let me welcome you to the TLD forum and thank you very much for your offer, Nate :)

We have plenty of stuff a talented modeler like you could help us with. I'm sure Ancientwanker (who runs the mod and coordinates all things) will contact you very soon. It will be great to have you with us ;)

waraelm

« Reply #457 on: August 09, 2008, 05:24:18 am »
bit  harsh on poor old jimmy wouldnt you say? or have i missed somthing being new to this fourm.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 05:28:43 am by waraelm »

DaBlade

« Reply #458 on: August 09, 2008, 07:05:11 am »
bit  harsh on poor old jimmy wouldnt you say? or have i missed somthing being new to this fourm.

You probably missed jimmy's posts (which were deleted) insulting people, being rude and generally unpleasant. He was the first and only person (as far as I know) ever beeing kicked out from the TLD forum.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 07:16:11 am by DaBlade »

Offline Ancientwanker

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 09, 2008, 10:29:13 am »
I didnt kick Jimmy.  He pissed off the forum owner.   Ive since deleted some of the uglier stuff.

If its giving the wrong impression Ill delete the whole thing.

Nim Feabeleg

« Reply #460 on: August 21, 2008, 09:44:59 am »
Wohooo :green: i got my microphone fixed!!
DaBlade, im saving the files in PCM Uncompressed 96000Hz, 32 bits.
Should i pick Stereo or Mono?
Is there another format you recommend besides PCM?

DaBlade

« Reply #461 on: August 21, 2008, 09:55:07 am »
Wohooo :green: i got my microphone fixed!!
DaBlade, im saving the files in PCM Uncompressed 96000Hz, 32 bits.
Should i pick Stereo or Mono?
Is there another format you recommend besides PCM?

Cool :)

Make them .wav (PCM Uncompressed) 44.1kHz Mono if possible. Converting them to mp3 would be fine too (and much smaller files), but don't do it unless you know what you're doing.

Nim Feabeleg

« Reply #462 on: August 21, 2008, 11:37:06 am »
You better convert them to mp3, if you know how, do some cleaning or try some effects to enhance the voice, im recording in the living room so it has a little "theatre effect" try to take that out.
Eryn Lasgalen was the first i think it's good but the last "n" looks like an m.
Where to send it?

Edit: I need the translation on:
-Alta Calenryn
-Eryn Lasgalen
-Taur-nu-Fuin
-Taur-e-Ndaedelos

I like the current voices in the mod but they all look the same in some factions, we gotta diversify.
The elf voices need to be more smooth, many of the elves had good singing, the current ones look a little "pushed".
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 11:51:28 am by Nim Feabeleg »

DaBlade

« Reply #463 on: August 21, 2008, 12:53:28 pm »
It will be very hard to remove that "room sound". If at all possible, try to be in a corner facing the walls; your body between the mic and the room should minimise the sound reflections to an acceptable level. Experiment all you want in order to achieve the best results.

Can't remember the translations, but I'l get back to you if I can find them.

And yeah, diversity is good. ;) Actually, that's one thing native lacks; all the voices are made by the same guy.

EDIT: I'll PM you the e-mail adress.

EDIT2: Quoted from the Wikipedia

- Alta Calenryn: I don't know what it is, sorry. Maybe someone else knows.

- Eryn Lasgalen: After Sauron's destruction at the conclusion of the Third Age, Mirkwood was cleansed and became known as Eryn Lasgalen, Sindarin for the Wood of Greenleaves.

- Taur-nu-Fuin: It is also a translation of Mirkwood.
In the fictional world of J. R. R. Tolkien's Middle-earth, Dorthonion ("Land of Pines"), later Taur-nu-Fuin, was a highland region of the First Age, lying immediately to the north of Beleriand, and south of the plains of Ard-galen, later Anfauglith, that bordered Morgoth's stronghold of Thangorodrim.

- Taur-e-Ndaedelos: In The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, and associated writings, an expansive forest named Mirkwood was located in Rhovanion, east of the Anduin in Middle-earth. In this instance, the name is supposedly a translation of an unknown Westron name. Within the forest was the Woodland Realm, a kingdom of Silvan Elven ruled by the Sindarin lord, Thranduil, who established his halls around the Second Age, 1000, when Mirkwood was still known as Greenwood the Great (Eryn Galen). Around the year 1050 of the Third Age, 'the shadow of Dol Guldur' fell upon it, and men began to call it Taur-nu-Fuin and Taur-e-Ndaedelos (Sindarin: forest of great fear).

Looks like they're all names of forests (Mirkwood) or places the elves would fight for. So, these would be elven war cries.

I don't think we should use the last two.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 07:56:18 pm by DaBlade »

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #464 on: August 22, 2008, 12:08:20 am »
Alta Calenryn Aure entuluva (day will come again. Hurin cried it as he fought the 70 trolls during Nirnaeth Arnoediad)

google found it somewhere in this very thread ;)
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)