Author Topic: (old) TLD Help needed: Models and Voices  (Read 493885 times)

Rathyr

Re: TLD: Help needed: Models, Voices & Miscellaneous Jobs
« Reply #405 on: December 10, 2007, 12:59:56 pm »
Hi, do you guys need any help with scenes?

DaBlade

« Reply #406 on: December 10, 2007, 03:11:05 pm »
Hi, do you guys need any help with scenes?

Always! :) What do you think you could do?

Rathyr

« Reply #407 on: December 10, 2007, 06:58:04 pm »
What do you need?  ;)

I've got some time on my hands, and I'd love to help out a bit with this most great of mods. I was kind of thinking of trying my hand at Edoras, if you haven't already done it, but anything is good.

Offline Triglav

• Master
  • I'll bite your axe off!
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 11, 2007, 04:37:42 am »
I had planned to do Edoras, but am quite unable to at the moment, so it would be welcome if someone else would have a shot at it.

Ancient sent me a new Golden Hall model that needs to be reworked, textured and implemented first. Then the town scene should be built around it in a similar manner of all the other Rohan towns I have done lately.

"Of course, just by reading this forum you get a geek point. If you post you get a lifetime membership card.
If you contribute to the mod your praises are sung by the lords of dorkistan for an age and a half."
-Ancientwanker

Offline Dain Ironfoot

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 11, 2007, 04:53:21 am »
Oh that is awsome. The Rohan towns actually look like Rohan towns now...

has Gondor had a similar makeover to make it less vanilla-ish?

Offline Triglav

• Master
  • I'll bite your axe off!
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 11, 2007, 05:00:06 am »
has Gondor had a similar makeover to make it less vanilla-ish?

To my knowledge it hasn't as there aren't any proper Gondorian buildings available.
"Of course, just by reading this forum you get a geek point. If you post you get a lifetime membership card.
If you contribute to the mod your praises are sung by the lords of dorkistan for an age and a half."
-Ancientwanker

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #411 on: December 11, 2007, 05:13:06 am »
which should be a hint to all the modelers who want to help ;)
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Offline Dain Ironfoot

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 11, 2007, 09:32:01 am »
Alas I have my tasks already ;)

I wonder how much you could get away with with a reskin to make the stone white/scene reshuffle (removing things like churches etc which don't fit in ME)

Rathyr

« Reply #413 on: December 11, 2007, 09:45:55 am »
Triglav, those are beautiful. They look just like Rohan towns should.

If I could get all the necessary scene props I could certainly do Edoras, or any other Rohan town.

(I admit to a bit of a bias for the horsemen. :))

One question: Is the fact that all of these scenes are being made for 0.808 going to mean that they will have to be entirely redone when TLD is finally ready for an upgrade?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 10:03:18 am by Rathyr »

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 11, 2007, 05:19:04 pm »

One question: Is the fact that all of these scenes are being made for 0.808 going to mean that they will have to be entirely redone when TLD is finally ready for an upgrade?

Graphics format has not changed.  (a few things with shaders and lighting were modified, but generally, the scene models and textures are still good)

Certain parts of the code will have to be updated, but that was true anyway.

Offline Ancientwanker

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 11, 2007, 05:36:48 pm »
Well, we do have quite a few of the .808 buildings recolored with gondorian-ish textures from the rescue thing. Yoshi did those. Im not sure if they are all in the prop file already but many should be.  Trying some gondorian town scenes might be good if you want to take a crack at it. Most should have an MT_ prefix iirc.

Edoras is going to be a pain as the great hall someone did (forgot who atm) is nice but needs alot of work and neither triglav nor myself have time to work on it atm. That would be the basis for the scene. 

Offline Buzvonlurt

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 11, 2007, 06:36:17 pm »
Hi all. It's great to see some development going on here. I've just been out of the M&B Mod loop for a while and thought I'd come by to see what's happening. I'm relieved that everything is still in motion and have noticed a few new contributors to the mod which is always great to see.

I'm on a break at the moment and have some time to spare this week. If there's anything I can do to help voice work wise then I'd be thrilled to take part again.

-Buz

DaBlade

« Reply #417 on: December 11, 2007, 06:56:45 pm »
Hi all. It's great to see some development going on here. I've just been out of the M&B Mod loop for a while and thought I'd come by to see what's happening. I'm relieved that everything is still in motion and have noticed a few new contributors to the mod which is always great to see.

I'm on a break at the moment and have some time to spare this week. If there's anything I can do to help voice work wise then I'd be thrilled to take part again.

-Buz

Hey Buz, good to see you back! :)

Your Rohan voice work (if I'm not mistaken on that :P; I think I'm not) setted up a standard level for any further contributions on that area, because it was so good! :) If you think you could make some more voices (check out the first post for hints and suggestions), feel free to send us whatever you're in the mood to make (PM me for anything you'd like to discuss).

Once again, it's good to see you back! :)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 07:06:50 pm by DaBlade »

DaBlade

« Reply #418 on: December 11, 2007, 07:13:57 pm »
Triglav, those are beautiful. They look just like Rohan towns should.

If I could get all the necessary scene props I could certainly do Edoras, or any other Rohan town.

(I admit to a bit of a bias for the horsemen. :))

Yeah, Triglav made an outstanding job on those. :) So, now you know what the current level of detail is about. As Triglav posted, we could use some help in this area, wanna give it a shot?

Theodred son of Theoden

« Reply #419 on: December 12, 2007, 08:04:37 am »
Fantastic job, Triglav...
I'm  glad that Ancientwanker returned and RL routine didn't kill the spirit of Middle-Earth in him!:). Kudos to all TLD team who continue to work on this wonderful mod.

P.S.  We are still eager to help with lore revision(if it's still needed)- because TLD is really worth our time.
The only thing that we require is more concrete definition of the needed things. The reason of why we stoped last time was "dead season" on this forums...But we would be more then happy to help...
P.P.S. If needed, I can try to record orcish voices "Death to the strawheads" or "Kill cursed tarks!" and other authentetic, thematic, lore-oriented stuff.:) I'm a vocalist in band, and I have low, rich voice with lots of diffrent tones.:) www.myspace.com/sludgeband
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 08:14:02 am by Theodred son of Theoden »