Author Topic: (old) TLD Help needed: Models and Voices  (Read 493865 times)

Offline mtarini

• Administrator
  • TLD dev team
    • View Profile
    • (home)
Re: TLD: Help needed: Models, Voices & Miscellaneous Jobs
« Reply #270 on: October 14, 2007, 01:32:13 pm »
but the rigging is all messed up. Needs to be redone. See here:

Ok. Too bad. Many things can have gone wrong in my old-rigging reuse attempt.
For example, I assumed that the vertex ordering was kept the same during all the import-export operations.
Is the result, like, totally random, or it makes sense but deforms the poor warg here and there?

(What I fail to understand, in the screenshot, is how on earth is the warg mouth (seemingly) attempting to open.)

Anyway, since rigging must be redone, I might as well add a few vertices (just a few) to make the pawns look better

So, good idea to wait for a definitive version before asking Yoshiboy to edit the rigging.

Also in the brf file you duplicated texture and material entries, which gives a CTD when launching game. Remove and it should be ok.

Ok thanks.

Emperor: Blood on face? Worth I try.
(I wish the face of the warg was dynamically bloodied during the the battle with per-vertex coloring, as swords and other weapons are, but that's very likely impossible to mod)

Offline mtarini

• Administrator
  • TLD dev team
    • View Profile
    • (home)
« Reply #271 on: October 14, 2007, 02:42:42 pm »
Our 4 legged friend now has refined paws, and (traces of) dried blood around it mouth.
(Tried adding more blood, but I it didn't look good. Someone can give another try.)

(model [obj file format] and texture).      Edit: link corrected
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 03:37:14 am by mtarini »

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #272 on: October 14, 2007, 02:51:27 pm »
I think it already looks pretty awesome. Anyone feels like modeling and texturing a more armored version? leather and all kinds of spikes...oh, I can almost see it :)
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Balduran

« Reply #273 on: October 15, 2007, 02:41:46 am »
Mtarini - The texture link isn't working

Offline mtarini

• Administrator
  • TLD dev team
    • View Profile
    • (home)
« Reply #274 on: October 15, 2007, 02:54:00 am »
My bad. Here:
(model and texture).

Meanwhile, both files have been updated:

Pawns are now a little larger, are decorated with small claws:

and their below part is decorated as well:

(it occurred to me that death mounts will show the below part as well).

Offline Kohlrabi

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 15, 2007, 03:54:02 am »
Is it possible to get rid of their "hooves" now, with the new module system?

Offline mtarini

• Administrator
  • TLD dev team
    • View Profile
    • (home)
« Reply #276 on: October 15, 2007, 04:08:22 am »
Do you mean the hooves sound? I was wondering as well.
Is it possible to get rid of
- hooves sound (substitute it with an appropriate pawn sound),
- the neighs, and
- the rampage animation on two legs.

Going on with the wish list, is it possible to add:
+ warg howls at the start of the battle,
+ make a warg dangerous (and killable in melee) even when riderless
   (in this case, make it dangerous to both sides - by dangerous I mean "actively seeking victims to trample"),
+ make battle not over until all riderless wargs are killed too
+ make msgs refer to wargs as "wargs" not "horses" (e.g. when you "delivered 20 damage to horse")

That's daydreaming, right?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 04:27:28 am by mtarini »

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 15, 2007, 04:15:59 am »
I think none of that should be possible.

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Offline Triglav

• Master
  • I'll bite your axe off!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 15, 2007, 04:22:08 am »
Pawns are now a little larger, are decorated with small claws
and their below part is decorated as well
(it occurred to me that death mounts will show the below part as well).

Really nice. I like them a lot.

Now since there are several type of wargs in game, you could make a few texture variations?
Lighter/darker, with different saddles and possible head protection, dogcollars, etc?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 04:24:53 am by Triglav »
"Of course, just by reading this forum you get a geek point. If you post you get a lifetime membership card.
If you contribute to the mod your praises are sung by the lords of dorkistan for an age and a half."
-Ancientwanker

Offline FleshyStarfish

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 15, 2007, 04:24:15 am »
- make battle not over until all riderless wargs are killed too

Please don't implement that idea (while I did like the others).  I usually do battle on purpose as a Rohannite/Gondorian or elf in order to get a warg.  If I have to kill them all, then one of the fun features of getting wargs as a good guy will end.  Of course there is possibility that you could use blunt damage to knock them out, but more than likely they would get killed by another unit.  So, please don't implement this idea.

On another note, is there still some position that needs to be filled?  I'm not of any use for graphics design or programming and am not sure how I could contribute, but anything to help out the TLD community would be a lot of fun.  Just let me know if there's still some vacancies.

FS

PS Nice designs for wargs...
hay wud up guys u shud mak a mod about lyk stuff i dunno wut but it wuld b kool lyk mabe gangstas were u start ur gang n fite mofos huh
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,50345.msg1300951.html#msg130

odvjetnik

« Reply #280 on: October 15, 2007, 04:35:04 am »
Mtarini, the model looks awesome. I have downloaded the it to check it out and i noticed two things that bother me.
2. The model is very brawny and thats fine, but the lower part looks too skinny to support the animal. Don't get me wrong, I like how the torso narrows and how the skeleton is supposed to be, but it needs some more muscle on... the area where the lower legs connect to the body, the "hams", they should be wider, stick out more.
But everything around it is fine as i is.
1. Why are the ears so messed up and have so many pollys? There's more than a 100 i think. Why not trim that, especially if there will be an armored version.

Offline mtarini

• Administrator
  • TLD dev team
    • View Profile
    • (home)
« Reply #281 on: October 15, 2007, 04:56:18 am »
odvjetnik: both suggestions make perfect sense. Will try that later, unless you (or someone) wants to try them.

Triglav: is there 3, or 4, different wargs? I would try the armor things (maybe patches literally nailed on the poor animal?) but I need a concept. I can't picture it in my mind. Merlkir seemed to have a few ones in mind. As a concept, a rough paint over one of the rendering would do. Naturally, you (Merlkir, or anybody else) can go on directly editing the model and texture. I'll warn here before editing the models again myself.

FleshyStardish: I am not sure that the number of mounts actually surviving the battle influences the loot. Either case, I am not sure that good guys should be allowed wargs at all either -- even if currently they are (same for any evil guys equipment, when it comes to that). It seems wrong.

About the additions: maybe a technical solution to get most of the "+" features in the above list is to automatically spawn an invisible, zero-hit-box, unarmed, dummy rider directly riding any warg deprived of the rider. That dummy rider should belong to a third side (like in one of the native arena, which if is a 3sided free for all). That way, you get it all: the warg would actively seek victims, be hittable in melee, prevent the battle to end, and be a danger for its former masters as well. Unfortunately, it is probably difficult (or impossible) to make this dummy rider appear and disapper at proper times. It is just an extra possibility to by considered by the mod-savants out there, for 890 or for later versions.
AW?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 06:14:38 am by mtarini »

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 15, 2007, 05:07:35 am »
I'll put some warg armor concepts together..probably even today..

Offline Boiled Ice

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 15, 2007, 05:10:04 am »
odvjetnik: both suggestions make perfect sense. Will try that later, unless you (or someone) wants to try them.

Triglav: is there 3, or 4, different wargs? I would try the armor things (maybe patches literally nailed on the poor animal?) but I need a concept. I can't picture it in my mind. Merlkir seemed to have a few ones in mind. As a concept, a rough paint over one of the rendering would do. Naturally, you (Merlkir, or anybody else) can go on directly editing the model and texture. I'll warn here before editing the models again myself.

FleshyStardish: I am not sure that the number of mounts actually surviving the battle influences the loot. Either case, I am not sure that good guys should be allowed wargs at all either -- even if currently they are (same for any evil guys equipment, when it comes to that). It seems wrong.

About the additions: maybe a technical solution to get most of the "+" features in the above list is to automatically spawn an invisible, zero-hit-box, unarmed, dummy rider directly riding any warg deprived of the rider. That dummy rider should belong to a third side (like in one of the native arena, which if is a 3sided free for all). That way, you get it all: the warg would actively seek victims, by hittable in melee, prevent the battle to end, and be a danger for its former masters as well. Unfortunately, it is probably difficult (or impossible) to make this dummy rider appear and disapper at the proper times. It is just an extra possibility to by considered by the mod-savants out there, for 890 or for later versions.
AW?

That's a pretty sweet idea if it can be made to work.  How would the battle end if there were indestructible enemies that you can't see?

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 15, 2007, 05:37:11 am »
When all of the custom skeleton and animation stuff gets figured out, it should be possible to build "animal" units (along with full-size trolls and such).  Then, somebody just has to work up all the custom animations and such to make the warg both an attack animal and a ridable mount.  A huge block of work, programming, and creative design ... but one that could be useful to a number of mods, so expecting it eventually is not out of line.  That will also allow for custom animations and sounds, etc, plus animation for an actual bite attack and other cool tricks.

However, any other solution (invisible riders, etc.) are not going to work, for technical reasons.  You're just going to have to wait for somebody to do it right.  That may take a bit to figure out.