Author Topic: (old) TLD Help needed: Models and Voices  (Read 493912 times)

DaBlade

Re: TLD: voices needed
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2007, 04:05:18 pm »
Hey Apex, we could use more Gondor voices too :green:

We're not using encounter or character voices yet, maybe in the future. I'd love to have voices for the merchants as well, but it will be a lot of work to do them all, and we'd need several male and female contributers, so we haven't started on it yet.

jeansberg

« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2007, 02:24:09 am »
If there is something that needs replacing it's some of the Rohan vocals. Some of them sound like they were recorded with a very low-quality microphone. I takes you out of the game when you can hear the surrounding noise of a vocal sample. It's like hearing someone speaking through a wormhole from another dimension.

I'm sure all the vocals have been processed thoroughly, but there is only so much you can do with a bad source.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2007, 03:22:01 am »
If you've really got the capability to do ambient noise, we could use a horse/wolf walking noise that didn't sound so much like the clop of a horse hoof.  It would, of course, only be a patch until we could get separate sound sources for each type of mount (hopefully next M&B version).  However, it might stop the wolves from sounding like they wear horseshoes, at least for now.

Irenicuz

Re: TLD: Help needed
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2007, 03:49:19 am »
These are Jakkaru's work, I sadly don't have such skills. I tried sth a few months ago, making a rapier-like sword but results were rather.... i'm not sure if funny is strong enough word :D.

Jairion

« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2007, 06:11:08 am »
This doesn't matter anything, but...

...If I wasn't too lazy to buy a good recording mic, I would be really thrilled to make any voiceouts in this mod. (Though, I don't know if I would qualify for anything  :P) Especially the elven voiceouts, since my native language is Finnish, and thus I have no problems pronounciating the elven words, compared to english, that is. (At least this is the impression that I've received over my lifetime)

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2007, 06:18:38 am »
Finnish ... Elvish ... Martian ... Yeah, I could see the similarities.  ::)

DaBlade

« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2007, 08:41:17 am »
If there is something that needs replacing it's some of the Rohan vocals. Some of them sound like they were recorded with a very low-quality microphone. I takes you out of the game when you can hear the surrounding noise of a vocal sample. It's like hearing someone speaking through a wormhole from another dimension.

I'm sure all the vocals have been processed thoroughly, but there is only so much you can do with a bad source.

Yeah, not all files had the same quality, and I couldn't do better for some of them. But the voice acting was good, that's why we're using them.

If you've really got the capability to do ambient noise, we could use a horse/wolf walking noise that didn't sound so much like the clop of a horse hoof.  It would, of course, only be a patch until we could get separate sound sources for each type of mount (hopefully next M&B version).  However, it might stop the wolves from sounding like they wear horseshoes, at least for now.

We'd still have the wargs making all kinds of horse sounds; there are more than the horse walking/runing sounds. Currently we only have one set of sounds for all mounts in M&B, be it horse wolf or mumakil :P Let's hope Armagan and team will upgrade the sound engine at some point.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 08:54:34 am by DaBlade »

DaBlade

« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2007, 09:07:15 am »
Jakkaru? Who is he? I also like that statue a lot.

Offline Ancientwanker

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2007, 09:10:08 am »
I made this model of Hornburg the other day (i was bored)

just if anyone could find it useful  ::)  (It isn't, actually, ready yet, but almost)

Will we be able to walk on teh glorious Deeping Wall?
I don't know about the current helm's deep, but I made mine so that player can walk around a bit
I'm also working on some dwarven stuff, here's prewiev:  (that helmet is quickly made :( , it will belong to a dwarf statue )

Jakkaru is this guy.

Hey, I really like your helms deep. Focus on that if you like and Ill see if we can use it for one of the hornburg rescue sequences.  The running around on top one, and maybe the wall one if it works out.

Jakkaru

« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2007, 09:15:12 am »
 :green:
Nice to see that people like them  ::)

The Hornburg will be ready in no time, as soon as i get my sketchup working properly again.

DaBlade

« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2007, 10:58:04 am »
Sorry Jakkaru, I guess I was tired and got confused. Very nice stuff.

jeansberg

« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2007, 11:31:27 am »
Finnish ... Elvish ... Martian ... Yeah, I could see the similarities.  ::)
Finnish and Elvish are way more similar than English and Elvish.

MastaSpoofa

« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2007, 11:42:54 am »

just FYI someone asked the dev's of M&B about that and he said not this version.

DaBlade

« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2007, 11:53:04 am »
Yeah, I believe it was Merlkir. We'll just have to wait and enjoy what we have in the meantime...

bryce

« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2007, 11:59:25 am »

just FYI someone asked the dev's of M&B about that and he said not this version.

How hard is it to make an ambient noise trigger  ::)