Author Topic: (old) TLD Help needed: Models and Voices  (Read 445005 times)

Offline Conners

• Master
    • View Profile
Re: TLD Help needed: Models and Voices
« Reply #645 on: April 21, 2010, 08:28:29 AM »
I'm starting to feel better, now. If it keeps up, I'll probably do voices tomorrow. Hope so.

EDIT: Had an idea for the Uruks, but it might require a bit of scripting. I was wondering about having a "Doh-ru, Dah-shu" chant. This would be good for Victories. And maybe at the start of battle, before you've made contact with the enemy (perhaps that happens only if you have overwhelming odds?)?

The scripting part, would be that you'd want the Uruks to all loop the chant a few times, and for all/most of them to do it. Wouldn't be a problem if some uruks break out with a different battle/victory cry occasionally. I don't guess orcs would be interested in the chant. You'd only want this to happen once every so often, I'd say, if you have quite a few uruks, so it wouldn't get old.

Not sure how possible the suggested stuff is to do, just thought I'd suggest because it'd be a neat touch for movie-watchers to hear that chant. I'll not do the voicing for it just yet (to get it to sound right, you'd probably want several voicing of the chant, to make it sound like different people when it's merged). Come to think of it... that'd probably take up some of the voicing limit, I guess -_-"? In which case, we mightn't be able to do this until there's a work-about (such as, if Warband allows more voices).

I'll leave this hanging for you, either way.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 08:21:45 PM by Conners »

Offline Conners

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: April 27, 2010, 12:53:55 AM »
Feeling sick again, so I have been doing voices so much, sorry :'(.....

In the mean time, waiting for stuff for the Easterlings and anything else needed for the Haradrim. Hoping to get better and help more soon.

DaBlade

« Reply #647 on: April 30, 2010, 08:30:23 PM »
Feeling sick again, so I have been doing voices so much, sorry :'(.....

In the mean time, waiting for stuff for the Easterlings and anything else needed for the Haradrim. Hoping to get better and help more soon.

Hey Conners, I hope you get better soon. I told you before; take it easy regarding your voice-box (or whatever you call it, English is not my first language). You don't want to stress it too much, because it may lead to some serious damage.

It's still going to take a while before release time, so there's no need to rush ;)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 08:34:12 PM by DaBlade »

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #648 on: May 01, 2010, 01:16:45 AM »
Can't. Help. With. Anything. At. The. Moment. Too. Busy.

(will be back with some advice and more linguistics soon, I promise.)
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

tryadelion

« Reply #649 on: May 01, 2010, 11:15:34 AM »
 :green:

that sound like a radio transmission.

DaBlade

Re: (old) TLD Help needed: Models and Voices
« Reply #650 on: July 01, 2010, 03:09:10 AM »
New and updated thread started:

http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,2181.0.html

Locking this one now, thanks guys :)