login

Author Topic: (old) TLD Help needed: Models and Voices  (Read 445006 times)

DaBlade

Re: TLD: voices needed
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2007, 08:19:32 AM »
All we need at the moment are Dunedain/Arnor Knights battle voices and a few more specific elven voices. The rest is pretty much covered already.

Offline Ancientwanker

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2007, 10:32:16 AM »
Well, come to think of it, we could use more harad babbling as well. We dont have easterlings either afaik.  The current harad babble we have is good in tone but way too long. Cant really use it as a combat cry as its a victory sort of noise but it sounds like they are all trying to give speeches on the harad education system. Maybe each harad battle is followed by an election.

Sheogorath

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2007, 02:50:32 PM »
I'll see what I can do for your Easterlings.

What sort of tone/accent/etc are you looking for your Arnorian/Dunedain?

DaBlade

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2007, 03:54:20 PM »
I think plain english will do for the Dunedain, but I'm open to suggestions. I forgot we also need voices for the Corsairs.

Napoletano

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2007, 06:22:45 PM »
Greetings.

I am native Italian and I live in Brazil. Thus, I speak at very high levels Italian (of course) and Portuguese. I also have experience as a radio speaker and I sing as well :-) so if I can be of help please let me know.

Grazie :-) !

InvertedPantsMan

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2007, 02:20:09 PM »
your english isn't that bad iether  :lol:

Alec{zacool}

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2007, 06:18:33 AM »
I can make some Orc uruk-hai shouts....

DaBlade

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2007, 07:15:20 AM »
OK, we still need Dunland, Harad and Easterlings voices. Those of you willing to help, please check the first post for suggested lines, and PM me for details.

averyware

Re: TLD: Help needed
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2007, 09:22:50 PM »
id love to join the group from what ive seen myself it looks really good and put together as a whole for the game, BUT i dont think somethings need to more pretty. texture mostly.

Chilly5

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2007, 03:43:45 PM »
Does anyone know any Gaelic warcries?  The Dunlendings could use those.  After all, at Helm's Deep Gamling had to translate for the others.
I learned from the EB mod for rome total war that ancient celts cried "Abu!" or something before going into battle.  :P
I also love the actual warcry for barbarian factions in EB it's sortof an..."OuluOuluOluluOulu!!!"

Bakustra

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2007, 07:31:52 PM »
I can do quite a bit of voice inflection, add a few foreign accents-
but I have no Idea which to use for the these different races. (my apologize.)
PM me a script, and what to sound like, and I would be more than happy to lend a talent.
(p.s. this mod is excellent!)

andhar

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2007, 02:32:16 AM »
I don't know if it's possible due to the original game... but... it's just my feeling or wargs neigh???  ::) Wouldn't be possible for them to gnarl and howl? I'd appreciate it very much - especially when I charge one of those filthy curs with my spear...  >:D

DaBlade

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2007, 02:39:53 AM »
I don't know if it's possible due to the original game... but... it's just my feeling or wargs neigh???  ::) Wouldn't be possible for them to gnarl and howl? I'd appreciate it very much - especially when I charge one of those filthy curs with my spear...  >:D

Not possible. We'll have to wait for Armagan and team to expand the M&B sound capabilities.

rileslek

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2007, 04:28:47 AM »
I worked a little more on Helm's Deep today - I'll have a preliminary screeny up before too long.

YAMMI!

NOOB QUESTION: Will we be able to walk on teh glorious Deeping Wall?

Also..

I command you to make a singleplayer mission involving thousands of orcses and Uruk-Hai (coming in wavess, of course :P) in front of the walls of the Hornburg! :D:D:D:D

...... But it isn't possible, is it? :(

Offline Daergar

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2007, 04:36:59 AM »
I command you to make a singleplayer mission involving thousands of orcses and Uruk-Hai (coming in wavess, of course :P) in front of the walls of the Hornburg! :D:D:D:D
...... But it isn't possible, is it? :(

Actually, if you look at the mini-mod 300, having a continuous spawn of allies and enemies fighting at the same tactical map without end in sight seems quite feasible. Also, while I haven't tried the latest version yet due to waiting for the addition of RCM, the Gauntlet seem to be same thing, sort of, so yeah, I'd think it's possible. Not sure how much fun it would be though.