login

Author Topic: (old) TLD Help needed: Models and Voices  (Read 377894 times)

Offline Ancientwanker

• Master
    • View Profile
(old) TLD Help needed: Models and Voices
« on: January 17, 2007, 07:48:52 AM »
Current jobs:.

-Modelling and Texturing work. Contact one of the Devs: Llew, Dablade, Octoburn, Triglav.

-Voice work (Especially for Dwarves). Contact Dablade.

-LOD makers. Contact a Dev.

-With the disappearance of AW, the rest of the team has taken over development of TLD. Even though there are a number of us, help is always welcome. If you've got something you think we might want, send it to one of the devs and we may very well use it.
Voice Work:.
Ideas-to-date list (modified list based on Merentha's suggestions). The highest priority at the moment is for Dwarf battle cries.

Dwarves:Mirkwood:
Thranduil
Taur-nu-Fuin / Taur-e-Ndaedelos (Though given that these names have a sinister connotation, they might not use them)
Eryn Lasgalen
Alta Calenryn
Aure entuluva  (Day will come again.  Hurin cried it as he fought the 70 trolls during Nirnaeth Arnoediad)
Auta i lome' (The night is passing)
Utulie'n aure (The day has come.  this might do better as a victory cry for the elves)
Elbereth  +/ Gilthoniel
Ecthelion
Aiya elenion ancalima (Both Frodo and the elves in the Shire cried this, along with Elbereth)

Rohan:
Forth Eorlingas
Forth Helmingas
Death (debatable)
Theoden and the Mark
Edoras and the Mark
For Theoden
Helm! Helm Hammerhand
Theodred   (Or some variation on vengeance for Theodred or the Isen)

Gondor:
Gondor
Faramir
Boromir
Ecthelion
Minas Tirith
Dol Amroth
Amroth for Gondor
Filthy beast
Leave no orc alive

Does anyone know any Gaelic warcries?  The Dunlendings could use those.  After all, at Helm's Deep Gamling had to translate for the others.
Dunland
Death to the Forgoil
Death to the Strawheads
Dunland
Our blood, our land.
*Deep angry yells or bellows* -Berserker style.

Orcs
Tark
Ghash agh Burzum (I sort of threw this together, it should mean fire and darkness)
Tark-glob  (man-fool)
pushdug (dung-filth)
ska
shai
Other snarls or gibberish.

For the Eye!
Death to men
Death
We are the fighting Uruk-hai!

Haradrim
Inka means North, apparently.  So if you throw that into your foreign-sounding gibberish, it might add some nerdy verisimilitude

Easterlings
Foreign sounding babble, different babble language from the harad. heh.

Corsairs
Blood and souls for the sea demon!
The black sails!
Umbar!
Spoils for the taking!
Leave none alive!

Dunedain
Elendil
Elessar
Arnor

Samples from buzvonlurt:
http://www.fireluster.com/newgondorshouts.mp3
http://www.fireluster.com/newrohanshouts.mp3
http://www.fireluster.com/haradrimshouts.mp3
http://www.fireluster.com/OrcShouts.mp3

If you have any ideas, feel free. And if you have any sounds that would work in any capacity, send a copy to Dablade as he's doing the sound stuff.

Models & Textures needed:

Large scene props or Full scenes:
A cavern system. Various passages and caves that could be pushed together with the edit mode to create various cavern systems. For example: 3 types of long cave passage, 1 short, 2 types of cavern-ish rooms, etc. With the doors modeled like the vanilla dungeon rooms to make it easy to connect them in edit mode. With this we could generate a variety of cave scenes.

New props needed:

Marble columns and arches in a white marble style for placing in gondor scenes.

Columns of other sorts for placing in Moria, Mordor, Harad scenes. Dwarvish looking ones, others, etc.

Ruin models for placing in scenes. Various types of ruin, from the ancient sort, to standing stones, to piles of rubble, to gondorian buildings that have collapsed.

Armor modelers needed:

We can always use good armor and helmet modeling talent. If you're interested, PM one of the team and we'll find something for you.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 02:59:24 AM by DaBlade »

Offline Ancientwanker

• Master
    • View Profile
TLD: Help needed
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 08:00:35 AM »
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 01:46:44 PM by Ancientwanker »

messenger

Re: TLD: voices needed
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 02:32:52 PM »
I can give it a crack I guess, but I only do buisness over MSN. PM if you have an address :P.

newb

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 06:02:27 PM »
Posted a PM a while back requeting ur e-mail... Samples are done.

DaBlade

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 09:23:25 PM »
Posted a PM a while back requeting ur e-mail... Samples are done.

Check your inbox.

Thanks. :)

newb

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 12:55:07 AM »
Done. E-mail sent. Have fun! ;)

Satyr

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 01:23:20 PM »
Says those sample files your provided don't exist yo. Maybe you can give us a line to say?

Seff

Re: TLD: Help needed
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 02:03:22 PM »
I worked a little more on Helm's Deep today - I'll have a preliminary screeny up before too long.

Pellidon

Re: TLD: Help needed
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 08:41:05 AM »
if someone needs a reference for dol guldur, here's a link
http://images.google.com/images?ndsp=20&hl=en&q=+site:www.john-howe.com+dol+guldur

Deored Eirik

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2007, 07:42:05 PM »
   Need any more from me, Dablade?

DaBlade

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007, 01:44:52 PM »
   Need any more from me, Dablade?

I'd rather wait for Ancientwanker to come back, before asking you for more stuff. Thanks for the help, I'm sure we'll be able to put your obvious talent to good use before the next release. :)

Offline Lord Of The Sith Lords

• Craftsman
  • Leprechaun turn to the dark side (we have cookies)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2007, 10:37:27 PM »
i could do voices pm me of what you need  ;)
if you turn to the dark side you get cookies, if you turn to the light side you get brownies, if you are both light and dark you are smart cause you get cookies and brownies, if you don't have the force then your stupid cause you get nothing!

dstarsboy

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2007, 05:04:01 PM »
This may be a dumb question, but why don't you use the voices and sounds from the EA LOTR games? Like Battle For Middle Earth, especially. It's obvious that much of the armor design took these games and movies into consideration (which I love, by the way) so I don't see why we can't use the voice acting or even the music as well (the one song in BM really gets old after a while, haha)? If this mod is non-profit there shouldn't be any legal issues as long as you clearly state where you got the sound/music from.

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2007, 12:48:20 AM »
This may be a dumb question, but why don't you use the voices and sounds from the EA LOTR games? Like Battle For Middle Earth, especially. It's obvious that much of the armor design took these games and movies into consideration (which I love, by the way) so I don't see why we can't use the voice acting or even the music as well (the one song in BM really gets old after a while, haha)? If this mod is non-profit there shouldn't be any legal issues as long as you clearly state where you got the sound/music from.

actually, we're trying to stay from movie designs as far as possible. That's why there's a movie minimod that adds movie stuff.
And even if it's non-profit mod, it's still illegal. So no, we're not going to use EA sounds.
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Sheogorath

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2007, 01:16:18 AM »
I can do a decent Russian accent, that might work well for your Dunlanders.  Or actual Russian, if you like.  I know a little, along with some quite unpleasant insults.

And I can do some gibberish for your Harad/Easterlings to.

As to the Gondorians, a nice light British accent, perhaps?  Pip pip cheerio? ;)

This is, of course, dependant on me finding my microphone >_>;