Author Topic: Tutorial: Rigging with fragMOTION  (Read 29746 times)

Offline Llew

• Master
  • TLD dev team
    • View Profile
Re: Tutorial: Rigging with fragMOTION
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2008, 03:35:27 PM »
Modeling with wings is out of the question for me. *Shudder*   :P I'll check around though, and see what people have come up with.

Agent Griff

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2008, 11:00:15 AM »
Is modelling with Blender that much easier not to take Wings into consideration?

Offline fujiwara

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2008, 03:43:19 PM »
Blender is much more powerful than Wings, but the learning curve is steep. The Blender interface is highly idiomatic. Wings is much easier to learn and use, but lacks the features of Blender.

The horses tend to get their legs caught in the catapult rather than being properly launched.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2008, 02:01:11 AM »
The Blender interface is highly idiomatic.

Not to be confused with being "highly idiotic" ... although that claim has been made more than once as well.

Generally speaking, Wings 3D does a great job for M&B graphics, and the learning curve is light enough that just about anybody can figure it out. 

You would have to be pretty determined to learn to use Blender.  It's like, "insert brain in Blender, press puree"

Inukshuk

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2008, 08:58:35 AM »
This looks like a great tutorial, and I'm so glad I found it since I have some clothes to rig. However, a little problem:

Everything went fine until I had to merge my tunic_a.3ds in Fragmotion. When exporting it as a .3ds fiile in wings, I didn't get the export options box come up, where you told us to set the export scale to 10.0. It just exported and it did so immediately. I clicked file > Merge in Fragmotion and selected the tunic_a.3ds, and when it came up, it was tiny - I'd say roughly ten times smaller than it should have been.  :D Basically, I need to know how to make the export options box appear in wings when I export the model.

Have a nice day,

Inukshuk

EDIT: No worries - click the little box next to the export option.  ::)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 11:32:32 AM by Inukshuk »

Offline fujiwara

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2008, 08:08:33 PM »
Update: fragMotion 0.9.5 now supports importing and exporting OBJ files. No more converting to weird formats!

The horses tend to get their legs caught in the catapult rather than being properly launched.