Poll

What do you think about the mounted combat animations?

They're good, except for the spear attacks.
They're good, except for the sword attacks.
They're horrible, revert to native animations.
Different thoughts (post them!).

Author Topic: TLD Animation submod, latest verson: v1.3 for TLD3.23  (Read 24539 times)

Offline MrExpendable

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
TLD Animation submod, latest verson: v1.3 for TLD3.23
« on: January 21, 2013, 12:24:34 pm »
Due to some inconveniences caused by numerous threads regarding this mod, I've finally decided to create a definite one. ;)

It all started when people requested Warband animations for The Last Days, since the native animations were quite iffy to play with. I took the animations from another mod, and merged them to work with The Last Days. They look slightly inspired by, though not actually alike, the animations in Warband.

These animations are from the mod "Fire Arrow". Therefore, all credits go to the mod developers (rucchi and his team). The mod changes the animations for all humanoid NPC's and player characters.

Next versions

Sadly, my modding skills are limited to none. I'm just about able to edit .txt and .brf files. This means that I'm limited to work with what's already in the package. However, I want you opinion on some of the thrusting animations compared to the native ones, especially when mounted. Do they work for you, or would you rather have them left out of the mod? That's what I'm looking at for the next version. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Update: I am receiving support from AlexDragon, one of the mod devs for the Full Invasion2 mod for M&B Warband. He agreed with me to work on the animations in the near future, hopefully making it possible for us to integrate the more superior Warband animations into TLD! :)

Download links

Nexus: http://mountandblade.nexusmods.com/mods/3797
Gamefront: http://www.gamefront.com/files/22879726/TLD_NewAnims_v1dot2_3797__zip

More mirrors coming soon.

Installation instructions

Installation

Make a backup of the following files in your Modules/TLD3.1 folder:
- Actions.txt
- Module.ini

Then copy the map in the zipfile and overwrite.

De-installation

Replace Actions.txt and Module.ini with your backup files. Then go to Modules/TLD3.1 delete the file "Ani_attacks.brf". That's it.

What do they look like, you say?

Screenshots:

In motion (video from the original mod, to show how the animations work!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiMN5zI35sM

I also recommend everybody to try out the original mod. It has lots of cool and original features, an obvious one being that you can set wooding buildings ablaze with fire arrows!  :green:

Released versions:

Version 1.3 13-03-2013
Updated to work with TLD 3.23, reverted to native spearthrust animations by popular demand.

Version 1.2 21-01-2013
Updated to work with TLD 3.22, the latest version.

Version 1.1 23-09-2012
Updated to work with the latest module.ini settings for the TLD3.2 patch, with changed variables for couched lance damage and damage_interrupt_attack_threshold.

Version 1.0 20-09-2012
First version, includes swordstrike animations for both foot and and horseback, and new spearthrust animations as well.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 04:00:51 pm by MrExpendable »

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
Re: TLD Animation submod
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 12:32:41 pm »
Link added to the submods and basic info thread.
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Offline MrExpendable

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 01:59:01 pm »
Thanks, Merlkir.

Offline Historix

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 03:11:00 pm »
Will i be able to play saved games after installation?

Offline Hidole555

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 03:24:42 pm »
The only animations I have a problem with are the sword on horseback ones.

Offline MrExpendable

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 04:32:20 pm »
Will i be able to play saved games after installation?
As far as I know, the animations shouldn't have any impact on saved games.

Yeah, I was thinking about reverting them to the old native animations since they bothered me as well.

I'm also thinking about getting my hands dirty and look if I could somehow get the real Warband animations to work. It may be worth the try.

Offline bearlyfunctional

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 12:18:46 pm »
Just wanted to note that you are a gentleman and a scholar for doing this and my appreciation for your existence is boundless

Offline MrExpendable

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 12:20:49 am »
Just wanted to note that you are a gentleman and a scholar for doing this and my appreciation for your existence is boundless
Thanks, bear in mind though that I only ported these animations over to TLD and that they aren't actually made by me.

I'll put up a Gamefront mirror later this day.

Edit: Gamefront mirror is up, see first post.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 05:48:39 pm by MrExpendable »

Offline MrExpendable

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 05:49:11 pm »
Hi, guys.

So I have tried to port the official Warband animations to TLD and.. Well, it didn't work as well as I've hoped. The Warband animations seem to be based on a different format then the ones in the original M&B, and also the skeletons of the bodies are differently rigged. Since I have no experience in that area, I decided to cease my efforts in merging them. It may have been illegal too, since Warband is still copyrighted.

Anyways, I'd really like it if any users of this little submod would provide some feedback. There aren't many votes in the poll, therefore I wouldn't dare to bring out a new possible update with a lack of feedback.

Offline Hidole555

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 11:46:54 pm »
Yeah, I was thinking about reverting them to the old native animations since they bothered me as well.

I'm also thinking about getting my hands dirty and look if I could somehow get the real Warband animations to work. It may be worth the try.

I should have been more specific. I meant the only vanilla animations in the mod I have a problem with are the sword on horseback ones, though the Warband animation ones aren't much better. I dislike how the sword stops abruptly over the horses head rather than following though naturally like in actual Warband.

Offline bilalst14

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2013, 07:11:35 am »
RGL Error ?? Pls Help Animals.brf? (Beyler Hata alıyorum RGL Hatası animals.brf ile ilgili biseydi)

Make sure you install all patches properly, it sounds like the mod wants to use the animals (recently added in 3.2) for ambushes, but the .brf file is not there.
Eğer düzgün tüm yamaları yüklemek emin olun, mod pusular için hayvanlar (son 3.2 eklenmiştir) kullanmak istiyor gibi geliyor ama. Brf dosya yok.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 07:39:52 am by Merlkir »

Offline MrExpendable

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2013, 12:09:03 pm »

I should have been more specific. I meant the only vanilla animations in the mod I have a problem with are the sword on horseback ones, though the Warband animation ones aren't much better. I dislike how the sword stops abruptly over the horses head rather than following though naturally like in actual Warband.

Understood, and I agree that the actual Warband animations are much better especially in this regard.

I've tried to implement Warband animations into the mod, and failed miserably. Sadly, Mount&Blade1 seems to be programmed in such a way that different data files cover the way the animations are supposed to work. Hopefully, I can come across someone who has more knowledge about implementing new animations. I've recently been promoted at my company, which means that I have more demanding responsibilities at the moment. Therefore, I find myself not having much time and motivation to dive into modding.

Offline Banok

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2013, 07:28:03 am »
The problem with this submod is the lancing animation is inferior, no visual feedback to aiming lance up or down. a version before which has native horseback animations, would make it all around better and stopme having to switch back to native animations if I wanted to play lancer.

edit: I though such a version was uploaded before on taleworlds forum thread, but might be remembering incorrectly.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 07:31:41 am by Banok »

Offline MrExpendable

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2013, 01:33:23 pm »
The problem with this submod is the lancing animation is inferior, no visual feedback to aiming lance up or down. a version before which has native horseback animations, would make it all around better and stopme having to switch back to native animations if I wanted to play lancer.

edit: I though such a version was uploaded before on taleworlds forum thread, but might be remembering incorrectly.
You're right in every aspect concerning the lance animations. Therefore, I'm going to include the native spear/lance stabbing animations in the next version, which I'm going to upload soon. If anyone wishes to have the modded spearstab in again, I could upload a version including that as well.

Edit: New version is out. Reverted to native stab animations for singlehanded weapons to aim more precise, especially for horseback.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 03:55:55 pm by MrExpendable »

Offline MichielDeRuyter

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: TLD Animation submod, latest verson: v1.3 for TLD3.23
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2013, 09:39:22 pm »
Hey, I installed the minimod (unzipped the 1.3 version as well as 1.1 to my TLD folder) and they simply have not appeared in my game... Any help?