After many years of development, we feel the mod has gone as far as we could take it. By ourselves at least.
We've considered quite a few options and decided on the following:1)
The Last Days becomes and open source pack. (OSP) 2)
The 3.22 patch is the last big one. Small bugfixes and balance patches will follow, but we'll all take a break from TLD. May be a definite one, might be temporary, we don't know yet. We'll see what Mount and Blade 2 looks like. 3)
While some kind of development will continue in our internal SVN, we'd be really happy if a dedicated team chose to port to Warband accepting the core concept of TLD. We'd provide all the support we could to such a project.4)
Of course, it's OSP for EVERYONE, so feel free to make all the horrible abominations you ever wanted to.
I can see the movie items replacing our own already. PLATE FRIGGIN' ARMOUR! I know.5)
Merry Christmas from all of us!
What do you get?
1. All the graphics and sound/music assets. Grab them from the mod as it is for download on ModDB.http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-last-days
2. The source code. (either on ModDB, or here: http://synnaskole.sweb.cz/ModuleSystem.rar
3. A google doc with quest outlines : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Kia6vVkudb7qayV3qi03CWuhj7fbEFals7FgD_DM_4U/edit?authkey=CKPpyLwO
4. If you're interested in such a thing, we can send you a plan of features TLD was supposed to have, but which we never got to implementing. A more or less current buglist as well.
What we ask of you? (aka the conditions of the OSP)
"1 - Music is to be used as is, without editing in anyway, shape or form. This includes using parts or the whole to create music, or merge with other copyright works.
2 - Credit must be given to Composer Vladan Zivanovic with a link to web site. www.DarkRuneCreations.com.au
. This is to direct other modders to free music which will be available for use under same terms.
3 - A link to mods page should be sent to the composer, using website contact page would be easiest."
1. Don't use any of the assets for commercial purposes. (feel free to use them to mod other games though)
2. Give us credit if you use our stuff. (if you want to credit specific creators, here's our own credit list: http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,2465.0.html
3. Optional: Tell us about what you're doing with this OSP, preferably in this thread. Show it off!
Lastly - if you ever contributed to TLD and do not agree with your contribution being included in the OSP, let me know!