login

Author Topic: TLD goes Open Source - Merry Christmas!  (Read 18041 times)

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
TLD goes Open Source - Merry Christmas!
« on: December 24, 2012, 04:10:50 AM »

After many years of development, we feel the mod has gone as far as we could take it. By ourselves at least.
We've considered quite a few options and decided on the following:

1) The Last Days becomes and open source pack. (OSP)
2) The 3.22 patch is the last big one. Small bugfixes and balance patches will follow, but we'll all take a break from TLD. May be a definite one, might be temporary, we don't know yet. We'll see what Mount and Blade 2 looks like. ;)
3) While some kind of development will continue in our internal SVN, we'd be really happy if a dedicated team chose to port to Warband accepting the core concept of TLD. We'd provide all the support we could to such a project.
4) Of course, it's OSP for EVERYONE, so feel free to make all the horrible abominations you ever wanted to. ;) I can see the movie items replacing our own already. PLATE FRIGGIN' ARMOUR! I know.
5) Merry Christmas from all of us!  :!:

What do you get?

1. All the graphics and sound/music assets. Grab them from the mod as it is for download on ModDB.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-last-days
2. The source code. (either on ModDB, or here:  http://synnaskole.sweb.cz/ModuleSystem.rar)
3. A google doc with quest outlines :  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Kia6vVkudb7qayV3qi03CWuhj7fbEFals7FgD_DM_4U/edit?authkey=CKPpyLwO 
4. If you're interested in such a thing, we can send you a plan of features TLD was supposed to have, but which we never got to implementing. A more or less current buglist as well.

What we ask of you? (aka the conditions of the OSP)

"1 - Music is to be used as is, without editing in anyway, shape or form. This includes using parts or the whole to create music, or merge with other copyright works.
 2 - Credit must be given to Composer Vladan Zivanovic with a link to web site. www.DarkRuneCreations.com.au. This is to direct other modders to free music which will be available for use under same terms.
3 - A link to mods page should be sent to the composer, using website contact page would be easiest."

1. Don't use any of the assets for commercial purposes. (feel free to use them to mod other games though)
2. Give us credit if you use our stuff. (if you want to credit specific creators, here's our own credit list: http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,2465.0.html)
3. Optional: Tell us about what you're doing with this OSP, preferably in this thread. Show it off! :)

Lastly - if you ever contributed to TLD and do not agree with your contribution being included in the OSP, let me know!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 05:38:47 PM by Merlkir »
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Offline jonathanimal

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: TLD goes Open Source - Merry Christmas!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 10:26:35 AM »
hopefully as open source we won't see the last days of the last days. xD

but seriously. thanks a ton to whomever helped keep this thing going for so long. i've said it before but i can always say it more.

merry christmas, all!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 12:35:06 PM by jonathanimal »

Offline FleshyStarfish

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 08:58:18 AM »
Very, very cool.  Thanks!

FS
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 09:11:58 AM by Merlkir »
hay wud up guys u shud mak a mod about lyk stuff i dunno wut but it wuld b kool lyk mabe gangstas were u start ur gang n fite mofos huh
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,50345.msg1300951.html#msg130

Offline Oldtimer

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 11:26:16 AM »
Hi Devs,

BIG thx to you for all your dedication and perseverance with TLD work. Take a well deserved rest, lean back and return whenever you feel like it. Promise of continued basic support is very welcome.

Going open source is a MAGNANIMOUS decision.

Seasons Greetings to ALL of you.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Offline Pingpong

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 09:31:02 PM »
Merry Christmas and thanks for the incredible mod I had the pleasure to play, take a break because you deserve it!

Offline Kazzan

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 12:59:49 PM »
Oh I forsee a 100 crappy spin-offs coming from this...  :-\
But awesome, I'm gonna totally sift through your module system, the features you guys used does interest me quite a bit. Thanks TLD team!

Also, could you send me that list of features and bugs that you never got around to do? Would be appreciated as well.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 01:07:19 PM by Kazzan »

Offline gozzar

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 05:31:16 AM »
great stuff! hope someone does player siege and player faction now I would love that   :lol:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 05:36:10 AM by gozzar »

Offline MrExpendable

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 05:01:48 PM »
Have a well-deserved rest from modding guys! Your decision is very well-received, I hope that other modders will make good use of your hard work. :)

Offline AlexDragon

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 06:02:59 AM »
Optional: Tell us about what you're doing with this OSP, preferably in this thread. Show it off!

Okay, First of all our Team appreciate all members from TLD for making such great mod, and now it is OSP,

ad we would like to tell you what our team do with this mod.

We are planning to add everything from The Last Days into a multiplayer invasion mod called Full Invasion 2 (Especially the orcs, uruks and uruk-hais, pretty much every single item

Where a group of players gathered together to fight against endless waves of invaders and try to survive as many waves as possible.

Here is our mod. Check it out if you want to play The Last Days in multiplayer version

http://www.moddb.com/mods/full-invasion-2

Best Regards,

Full Invasion 2 Team
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 06:01:41 AM by AlexDragon »

Offline halano

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2013, 09:41:19 AM »
Thanks for the surce of tld, but i'm a noob in modding and i have a question;

I want to give ONLY to the kings army some special troops like in Tld (for the ex. King's Guard of Theoden), i  look for that in module script and in party template, but i couldn't understand how to do that.
Can someone explain to me how to do this?

sry for the bad english

Offline Dragonknight

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2013, 03:24:00 PM »

I want to give ONLY to the kings army some special troops like in Tld (for the ex. King's Guard of Theoden), i  look for that in module script and in party template, but i couldn't understand how to do that.

sry for the bad english

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=34154.0

Try this troop editor.

Offline halano

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 04:39:17 AM »

sry for the bad english

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=34154.0

Try this troop editor.

Thanks you, but i prefer to use module system ;) ...

Offline guspav

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2013, 09:41:50 PM »
Awesome! I have been working on a fantasy mod for some time and some of the great stuff you have made will save me an incredible amount of time and effort, you all will be credited of course ;)

Offline Temuljin

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2013, 06:54:30 AM »
Hi all! Big big thanks for the TLD mod, and the free source! :)
Can somebody tell me how can i make a dwarf  as playable race? I found a good tutorial in the TW forum, to make another race, but i dont know what to do with the skeletons and animtions etc.

Sorry for my bad english!

Offline Darth Trog

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2014, 04:00:51 PM »
I know being OSP means some "plate armor" out there, but for those of us who just want to tweak the vision you shared with us, So thanks for allowing us the option to enjoy the game to the limits of our ability!!