login

Author Topic: Open betas for the next patch (3.2 is out)  (Read 56831 times)

Offline CppCoder

• The Last TLD Coder
  • The Last Days Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Open betas for the next patch (3.2 is out)
« on: August 05, 2012, 06:04:20 PM »
Hello everyone!

"Betas are for people who are willing to participate in testing and balancing for the next official patch and NOT FOR CURIOUS PLAYERS. The patches here are NOT OFFICIAL, but meant to test work in progress. Wait for an official patch if you don't want to beta test. Warning: back up your mod folder, or at least the .txt files before installing a beta patch." -MadVader

Not compatible with old saves. The item order has been changed, so you will need to start a new game.

Current official patch (3.22) (do not right click and save, follow the link and click download):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/om9ibs5ejan6ayy/TLD_patch_3.1_to_3.22.7z

3.21 beta:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lfg4ttbt98au1jh/TLD_patch_3.1_to_3.21.7z

3.20 beta:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ubu0eo61n2a9zjm/TLD_patch_3.1_to_3.2.7z

(the patch has roughly 9 MB in size! If you can't open the file, if 7zip says it's corrupted, if the size is lower than 9 MB, try using some kind of downloader. jDownloader works for me.)

Also the folder in the compressed file says 3.1, but it IS the 3.2 patch, don't worry.

Readme:

TLD 3.2 changes from 3.1:
- CppCoder:
  - Elven Hero Parties are 3/4 of normal size.
  - Rhun Hero Parties are now 4/3 of normal size.
  - Kingdom Heroes now need at least 50 troops to besiege. (should fix infinite siege bug).
  - Resource Payment Cap (200,000).
  - Gift Giving through faction leaders. (Exchange Resource Points).
  - Berserker Troops no longer flee from battle.
  - Command Cursor Mini Mod.
  - Galadriel's Quest (Mirkwood Sorcerer. lvl 15+).
  - Animal Ambushes (Mirkwood or Northern Mountains).
  - Mordor Legions (when mordor is last faction standing with less than 2500 strength).
  - Isengard and Mirkwood guardian parties should spawn now.
  - Influence traits give/take influence (for player's faction only).
  - Party Limit Option in camp->TLD options->Gameplay Tweaks->Compatibility tweaks.
  - Starting equipment bug fixed.
  - Battle Morale System.
  - Battle Morale System: After Battle summary now reports routed troops.
  - Battle Morale System: Tweaking of morale values. (still WIP).
  - Riders falling off horses recieve damage.
  - Wounded agents move slower.
  - Trolls no longer appear as prisoners in review troops.
  - Trolls no longer speak in party/prisoner dialog.
  - Oathbreaker/keeper quest fixed.
  - Fangorn and Capture Troll quest have text now.
  - Mearh Stallion no longer roars like a warg.
  - Nazgul Sweeps ingame. (Attack a mordor war party to see them).
  - Injury Summary in Character Reports.
  - Companions tell you their exact injuries.
  - Companions lost due to lack of RPs can rejoin you again.
  - Many other small bug fixes.
  - More bugfixing.
- Merlkir:
  - Graphic tweaks.
- Mandible:
 - Beorning armors redone.
- vota dc:
  - More item/troop balancing.

Install into your mod folder - extract the folder and copy everything over into TLD3.1(5) folder.

Battle Morale System:
When battle morale is turned on, your troops can flee from battle when they are losing. When your troops are routing, you can press V to rally troops (once every 5 seconds). You receive 1 rally by default, and an extra rally for every five charisma points. The items Angmar Whip and Horn of Gondor also give a bonus rally for every three leadership points. You can only rally your troops, but AI lords can and will rally their troops as well. When troops are rallied, the total morale goes up by 1pt per troop, and each troop has a 20% less likely chance to flee, as well as bringing them back into battle if they're already fleeing.

More on animal ambushes:

1. They can only happen when party size is between 1-35 (iirc, maximum could be more or less)
2. A good scout (4+ spotting), will decrease the chance (10% per level greater than four, up to 60%).
3. Staying near a center (allied or enemy) will also prevent an ambush.

Bugs and problems already reported:

Tell us what it does to your game and how you like it!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 07:59:02 AM by Merlkir »

Offline Cyco_Tatertot

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • www.Youtube.com
Re: Open betas for the next patch (3.2 is out)
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 07:10:30 PM »
I had downloaded it, and extracted to the specified folder, and while the game was loading INI files, I received

get_skeleton_anim failed for:tied_stand_walk

And the game exited to desktop

Did you extract it over TLD3.0 and not over TLD3.1? it worked for me when I patched it over 3.1. Make sure you download and patch it over that one. (3.1).

Yes sir, I was sure that I extracted it to the right folder, because I'm not too much of a computer wiz as it is. I'm not too sure what could have happened. When you say patch, when you finished downloading do you extract the folder directly to the TLD folder and replace all current files, I hope that wasn't a stupid thing to do o.o

What you're supposed to do is:

1. Extract all files (should create a folder called TLD3.2)
2. Copy all files and folders from TLD3.2 to TLD3.1
3. Run game.

Might have fucked that up. Sorry this is actually the first time I am downloading a patch to a folder.

No problem. Let me know if this works for you.

Will do, once I fix this all up I will play for a few hours and see how it goes.

I edited the file, now you just merge the extracted folder with the existing one.

I may sound stupid asking, but what exactly does merging mean?

Redownload the file, extract the archive, drag the folder TLD3.1 into Mount&Blade/Modules/.

Hey CPP, thank you for having the patience trying to work me through this, I believe I got this right because the games running pretty well so far. I know I was probably a pain. Again thank you for the help.

Sure thing. glad to see you got it working. :)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 12:02:08 PM by CppCoder »
Mount & Blade is a beautiful game, and it really doesn't get the credit it deserves!

Offline Curunir

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 11:32:34 PM »
Can it be applied over an existing 3.15 or should that be a clean 3.1 install?

Should be a clean 3.1. (CppCoder writes it might work on 3.5 too though)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 12:09:33 AM by Merlkir »

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 12:11:13 AM »
I'm sure CppCoder will elaborate a bit on how the morale system works and which factors influence it. (being a good commander now requires a very specific stat and skill set + playstyle)

For now - the most important - if your troops are wavering or running away, press V to rally them. The amount of times you can rally them is limited and based on your stats,
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Offline Gallant

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 05:38:26 AM »
i loaded my 3.15 mordor game and the guy that you recruit orcs from said ''install TLD in your modules folder add the line compatible with warband - 1, to modules.ini and you can play it on warband!''

wtf? he said that were you should say ''i need more troops'' or whatever it is.

edit: i installed it on my 3.1 version to 3.2 and you still cant recruit any orcs for mordor.

recruiting on goodside, ''it says im sure the TLD team will get to it when they can'' were i need more troops should be, when you click on it they say ''did you bring your zupdog?

edit:

ok its all fixed now, is this version not compatible with the resources for companions submod?

wtf is going on?

Nope, works absolutely fine for Mordor. Install FRESH CLEAN 3.1 and the 3.2 patch over that. Start a NEW game.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 08:23:12 AM by Gallant »

Offline Gallant

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 08:24:21 AM »
there is no leave button after an orc mutiny.

and im 100% sure ive done everything correctly
new game everything

I'll check and see what the problem is.

Working on it now.

Fixed in code, waiting to fix more bugs before updating patch.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 12:45:54 PM by CppCoder »

Offline Argeus the Paladin

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 08:35:40 AM »
Does the current version of RCM work with this by any chance, Merk?

No idea.

EDIT: Actually, vota might have added/changed items, so RCM probably won't work. However, vota dc has balanced the item stats, so you might want to give it a try without RCM anyway. :)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 03:57:37 PM by CppCoder »

Offline Rene Korda

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 02:32:48 PM »
Does the current version of RCM work with this by any chance, Merk?

I'll probably update it in the coming days. There were some new reward and other items thrown in and I'll have to incorporate them into RCM.

UPD.

UPD. 2
http://www.mediafire.com/file/s9o8a58vt1bqvr5/RCM_3.2_update.7z - here is the full update of RCM for TLD 3.2. Please report bugs, if you notice any.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 03:39:53 PM by Rene Korda »

Offline Argeus the Paladin

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 09:05:44 PM »
Just started a new game and found these bugs:

- Sometimes the siege attack/defense strength display will appear in the gauntlet training, resulting in gibberish numbers.
- The "Rally his troop" display in battle is not working correctly, it tends to say gibberish such as "up rallied his troops" or "Any weapon rallied his troops".
That doesn't add up, the line to store the hero's name is just a few lines above it. Can you give me any more information about it?
- Sometimes casualties display incorrectly. Just had a battle with 7 tribal orcs and the end battle casualties report read just 2.
Thats a bug due to the morale system. An agent is considered routed even if he hasn't left the battle, so doesn't show up on the reports. I fixed it last night.

Will continue posting as I come along.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP ROUTING ENEMIES ACTUALLY ROUT. How did you guys ever do that in the original M&B engine? Was done before. In fact we using a heavily modified Chel's Morale Pack.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 12:40:32 PM by CppCoder »

Offline Gallant

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2012, 12:59:02 AM »
about the orc mutiny part, afew tips that might help.

when there was no leave button i used cheats to get to lv 40 at the start of the game and afew other things, (to progress quicker to test things)
i also had the resource for companions submod when there was no button

i reinstalled correctly without the submod and didnt use cheats starting a new game and the leave button was there, so im not sure what going on there

Sounds to me more likely that the submod was to blame, rather than cheats.

how much have you tested with the compatibility of cheats working with the game? (not that you need them to enjoy it)

also another thing i saw was my companions seem to be walking into battle instead of running like normal,even when i say to charge they still walk.

Are they wounded? Wounded troops move slower in battles.

i was thinking maybe companions are under the same category as trolls or something along those line cause trolls walk into battle too.

btw love the olog hai never saw any in a previous version :)

are yes i see, should have read the release note better, they are wounded alot i dont give them much of a break.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 02:21:17 AM by Gallant »

Offline Ettore53

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2012, 01:36:10 AM »
IPs to get companions are halfed as in last version (3.15) or are returned doubled?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 06:21:08 AM by Ettore53 »

Offline Rene Korda

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2012, 01:43:20 AM »
BTW, the patch is not save compatible, because new items would screw up the troops file,which doesn't update.

Offline Gallant

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2012, 02:23:11 AM »
when besieging calembel the enemy and my allies spawn ontop of each other outside the fortress.

playing with 300 battlesize but i dont think thats the cause of it.

Yes, spawn points are not very good in that scene, it is reported in our internal bug tracker.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 03:17:46 AM by Merlkir »

Offline Gallant

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2012, 03:36:37 AM »
i was wondering what exactly siege strength requirement relaxation rate does?

It was introduced in 3.15, so check that thread.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 03:43:09 AM by Merlkir »

Offline Ettore53

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2012, 04:06:04 AM »
With  3.2 to recruit Ulfas needs 12 Influence  points and Malbur 100 so I  image  you have forgotten to use last modification in companion recruitment ( I remember Ulfas needed 6). I suppose that with a little hotfix... all will go well.

I'll take a look at it right now. You mean 10 for mablung right?

No, the prices are correct, Ulfas required 18 IPs in last build, IIRC. Check the other NPCs, they cost less too.

Other bug :in string file in Viresse month line after words  "reg1" you need a} not a ], If  player does not repair this will have big  problems in Viresse month.

Interesting, I don't know why that wasn't still fixed from 3.15. It's fixed now. Thanks a lot for that one.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 12:35:31 AM by CppCoder »