Author Topic: [SWC] Bug reports for version 0.9  (Read 26151 times)

Lux CC-4361

Re: SWC: Bug reports for version 0.9
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2010, 11:30:15 AM »
I downloaded the low poly icons and the game runs much smoother.  I still get the random crash but it is becoming rare.  One odd thing I discovered is that if I play through a quick battle before loading my campaign, it doesn't crash.  Wierd, eh?
:shock:

Offline Swyter

• �Star Wars Conquest Dev Team Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2010, 11:32:43 AM »
I downloaded the low poly icons and the game runs much smoother.  I still get the random crash but it is becoming rare.  One odd thing I discovered is that if I play through a quick battle before loading my campaign, it doesn't crash.  Wierd, eh?

So, finally the lack of perfomance causes that crashes... wow... I'm so confused...  :-\ What are your computer specifications? (graphic card, ram, cpu, os...) It can help to help us a lot for making a veridic diagnose...

About the quick battles thing... is not too weird... there is something named pre-caching resources that help to run the game more fast... mhhh  :!:
My Mount&Blade Tools: � Iron Launcher for Warband � Iron Launcher � Font Customiser � WarKit

Lord_Kilwar

« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2010, 12:58:57 PM »

So, finally the lack of perfomance causes that crashes... wow... I'm so confused...  :-\ What are your computer specifications? (graphic card, ram, cpu, os...) It can help to help us a lot for making a veridic diagnose...

About the quick battles thing... is not too weird... there is something named pre-caching resources that help to run the game more fast... mhhh  :!:

I'm running XP on a Intel Core 2 Duo 2.40 GHz, with 4 gig of ram (though XP only detects 3.25 GB...I need to upgrade to windows 7), with a ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro with 256 MB.

Lux CC-4361

« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2010, 01:13:15 PM »
I'd put my money on it being the graphic card's fault.

Offline Swyter

• �Star Wars Conquest Dev Team Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2010, 01:43:55 PM »
I'm running XP on a Intel Core 2 Duo 2.40 GHz, with 4 gig of ram (though XP only detects 3.25 GB...I need to upgrade to windows 7), with a ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro with 256 MB.

>:( grrrrr... I'm more confused now, it appears to be a medium-high+ PC, your graphic card is very well, so I'm thinking again in the messing of scripts. bfff! Surely Hokie knows more about the problem...  :-\    This is a headache...  :!:

thank you, Lord Kilwar, for the report  :), you're helping us a lot...

@Lux... save your money under the bed, because Kilwar and me will take our part ;)
My Mount&Blade Tools: � Iron Launcher for Warband � Iron Launcher � Font Customiser � WarKit

richard1

« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2010, 04:56:45 PM »
Well i think its either the game or my unzipper but i cant even play it  :( either way can you make the game in EXE. form its easier  to download and if you do ill offer my scene makeing skills and if you dont well >:D it is your desion ill help if you make a copy of the game in EXE.   ;)

Offline daerdevil

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2010, 06:07:35 PM »
I think I've got the Bothawui crash figured out. It's not the besieged planet, it's the battle next to it. Whenever I get too close to it, the game crashes. So I decided to turn on cheat view and screenshot it. Just as I suspected, the battle seems to be missing something: an opponent. The Imperials are fighting against no one.

I got the same crash outside Kessel.  A patrol was still on the prowl, when a leader besieged Kessel.  Is there a work around? or am I destined to crash every time I get near Kessel?

TheChinaman

« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2010, 07:56:37 PM »
Mine won't work due to some RGL Error :?: That and it won't let me see what exactly the Error states. Has this happened before?

Offline Shatari

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2010, 08:17:20 PM »
wow, that is some very good information, very helpful, thanks!   A few versions back people said it was strange to see the faction patrols still active when a planet was under siege.   They also said the when a planet was captured then the icons of the faction patrols didn't correctly change.  So I added some code that every X hours I kill all the faction patrols if their home planet is under siege or they aren't of the same faction of their home planet.  But I didn't think to add code to check if a patrol was currently in a fight...  So I'm guessing an A-Wing was in a Fight with a Tie Fighter while Bothwaui was under siege, then my code ran and killed the A-Wing, and then this apparently causes a crash...  So I think I can fix this logic, so that I also check if the patrol is currently in a battle, etc.
I'm not sure if you can address this in this version, but I'd advise switching it over to "If a planet is currently besieged, stop spawning patrols". It makes sense for the patrols to still exist, even after the planet has been captured (they could represent diehard raiders trying to interfere with shipping), but there shouldn't be any new ones until ownership has been established.

I got the same crash outside Kessel.  A patrol was still on the prowl, when a leader besieged Kessel.  Is there a work around? or am I destined to crash every time I get near Kessel?
The battle should end soon, now that the rival unit is no longer in battle. I can't say for certain though, as I'm avoiding besieged planets like a plague.

Pustka

« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2010, 09:45:06 PM »
AppName: mount&blade.exe    AppVer: 0.7.3.0    ModName: mount&blade.exe
ModVer: 0.7.3.0    Offset: 00090050

This is the error message I get whenever my game crashes. However, I was thought to have downloaded version 0.9 due to that being what it said I was downloading. I have a VERY long error report but I am not allowed to copy it. My computer specs are as follows:

Pentium (R) D CPU 2.80 GHz (x2)
Ram 960 MB of RAM
ATI 200 Series (This isn't a "kick ass" video card but it runs the game fine)

I really don't know what to say other then the game crashes when I come to land on plant or I am just moving in space. It's never crashed during a battle. Let me know what ya'll think the problem is.

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2010, 07:33:04 AM »
ok, I was able to replicate the issue that Shatari posted above.
http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,2069.msg49174.html#msg49174

I moved near a battle, wrote some code to eliminate one of the parties, and my crashes a minute or two later.

So, several versions back I added two new triggers:

1) Somebody had reported a while back that there were some patrols with zero troops in them.  I added a trigger that runs every hour to delete all patrol parties or independent traders that had zero members in their party.   However, I didn't check if this party was currently in a battle, so I have temporarily removed this code since it might be causing some random crashes if a party in a battle gets removed.   If people see any patrols or traders with zero troops then let me know and I can research further.

2) Somebody reported that patrols still spawn when planets were under siege and once a planet was taken over by a different faction the patrol ships would still be of the old faction.  So I had written a trigger that every 6 hours I remove any patrols that were from a planet that is currently under siege or remove patrols that had a different faction then their home base.   For now I have disabled this code and switched it so patrols won't spawn from planets that are under siege.  However, we still may have an issue where after a planet is captured some of the patrols may be of the wrong faction until they are killed and respawn.  I could probably add some better code in later if this is still a problem.

I have attached an updated simple_triggers.txt to this post that should be compatible with 0.9.0.x.   Please backup your old simple_triggers.txt and replace it with this one and hopefully the crashes will decrease.   Please provide feedback if this helps or there are still crashes, etc.

Other notes:

We are also wondering if the polycount of the map icon models is causing some crashes or other issues.  I posted some alternative map_icons.txt files in this post below with lower/higher polycounts if people are curious to test with them.
http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,1996.msg49136.html#msg49136

joshlmr was seeing a random crash and had to delete the configuration files in the C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Mount&Blade\ folder.  I had also seen issues with the game running really slow and had to remove these files as well to resolve it.  See these posts for more information:
http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,1773.msg48476.html#msg48476
http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,1996.msg49148.html#msg49148
http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,2069.msg49149.html#msg49149

There may still be other issues because some people have reported parties disappearing on the world map, etc.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 07:38:30 AM by HokieBT »

Lord_Kilwar

« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2010, 07:39:13 AM »
I've found a couple more bugs.  First, I have purchased a CIS Starship and upgraded most of it.  Even though my Cargo management skill reflects that I have upgraded the appriopate upgrades, my inventory does not show the additional slots.  Second, I switched my commander for a battle and after the battle, my main pc was wearing armor that I looted from previous battle and the armor I had purchased was nowhere to be found.  This has happened multiple times.

In reference to the crash problem, I have once again placed the high poly count icons into play and as long as I play a quick battle first, I have no problems with crashes.

Xenogray

« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2010, 09:09:54 AM »
Hello :)

I'm experiencing crashes when the Imperials are attacking a Rebel planet. In fact, i think it crashes every time i'm in sight range of a NPC Raid on a planet.

Offline HokieBT

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2010, 09:13:58 AM »
I'm experiencing crashes when the Imperials are attacking a Rebel planet. In fact, i think it crashes every time i'm in sight range of a NPC Raid on a planet.

did you read this post above?  I'm guessing its issue #1 with a party in battle being removed incorrectly
http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,2069.msg49278.html#msg49278

Xenogray

« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2010, 09:19:59 AM »
My bad :X I skipped the last posts ^^"

Sorry again. I'm trying your solution. I'll tell if it works :)

EDIT : Yay ! I can play my old savegame now ! Thank you very much :) Works perfectly

EDIT2 : Well, i tried my second savegame where i'm expanding my own faction. And when i get in sight of one my Commander which is battling with someone (can't see who), i crash.

EDIT3 : I tried with the map_icons lowpoly + renaming the .dat into options_azerty.dat AND played a Quick Battle => Crash in 30 seconds when i saw a battle between my faction and deserters. My ship was also reinitialized (Had the Interdictor and i came with a regular TIE o_o)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 10:00:01 AM by Xenogray »