login

Author Topic: Bug Reports for 0.6.5-b3716 (for M&B 1.01)  (Read 4958 times)

Offline fujiwara

• View Profile
Bug Reports for 0.6.5-b3716 (for M&B 1.01)
« on: December 08, 2009, 12:04:15 PM »
Post your bugs here! Already known are the wonky UI buttons

The horses tend to get their legs caught in the catapult rather than being properly launched.

rucchi

Re: Bug Reports for 0.6.5-b3716 (for M&B 1.01)
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 06:10:17 PM »
Unable to find mesh o-gama when I met ujimaru.
And all of textures of female hairs and one of female skin is white.

It was shown "Unable to get technique with name specular_alpha_cutouts" when I resized window size or pressed Alt+tab key.

It was shown same error when I charged river pirates.
When I charged enemies, I pressed back-space key to view order panel, I could not see map.
I don't know this is bug or features, but How can I instruct hold position to my troops?

I can't play it yet.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 06:44:17 PM by rucchi »

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 08:13:23 PM »
Haven't had time to look at it yet, but here's the run-down on those bugs.  Fujiwara, take note:

The "specular_alpha_cutouts" line is the new shaders again... not sure if that can be fixed with the old mb.fx file or not.  We may need to check with Marco Tarini (mtarini) on that.

The disappearing map was Highlander's topography relief map modification, that apparently didn't take.  May still need work there.  I can take a look at it when I get the source code and enough time (specifically, time when I am in a mental condition to concentrate on it ... I'm no programmer, so it's a major deal for me to try to go through lines of code, even if I know exactly what I'm looking for.)

Not sure about the missing weapon mesh.  I'll look for it, when I get some time.  Tragically, I'm sort of busy myself for the next few days.  (Somehow, I ended up in charge of photography for the entire college ... so I'm trying to get enough equipment together and organized to do this.  Oh well, we've waited months ... we can wait a few more days.)  (Yeah, it's like "if something is broken, whoever opens their mouth first gets the job of fixing it.")

The white skins/hair bug ... I would have to attack that trial-and-error, so I'm not the best person to deal with that.

Offline HokieBT

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 08:23:58 PM »

I don't remember exactly, but I had the white hair, and maybe the white skin bug, happen in my mod.  I think it was because I had turned off limit_hair_colors in the module.ini, and/or had never re-done all the face codes.  It seems like when I ported my mod there were still some old face codes which no longer worked in the new version, so the game just displayed it as white.  Once I fixed all my face codes I think it was fine after that...

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 12:50:55 AM »
Worked around the white hair bug in that fantasy-theme project by removing all the entries for hair color except one, for each race type, in the .py file.  It won't prevent the code from setting hair color, but it will stop the missing texture bug.  But it's a pain to mess with it.

There are a number of accounts of that bug on the TW forum.  That's how I found a work-around before.

Offline fujiwara

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 01:04:53 AM »
I've redone all the face codes, so the white hair shouldn't come up again. Music works now, also noticed the scene border meshes were missing, fixed that. Sounds also work again. Mesh for o-gama was named "0-gama", fixed that (love that OpenBRF). There are some new UI screens that will need custom textures, along with the buttons on the face selection screen. Also, for some reason, the Ironflesh skill is not selectable. Don't nkow what that's about. New version shortly.

The horses tend to get their legs caught in the catapult rather than being properly launched.

Offline Conners

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 07:18:10 AM »
I also got problems with the white faces and hair. Also, I couldnt seem to scroll down the list of face customization options. "Mouth-to-Nose Distance" controlled Face Ratio, and Mouth Width controlled Face Depth. I went and fought some river pirates after making, getting the aformentioned bugs with sound and the map.

I died and decided to load the game. It then crashed and exited Mount and Blade.

Hope this was of some help :). I'll download the bugfixed version when yo uhave it available.

Offline Shik

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 03:48:14 PM »
Also, for some reason, the Ironflesh skill is not selectable. Don't know what that's about.
There's an issue in M&B 1.011 where if you disable a skill in module_skills, some other skills will become unclickable. In a mod of that I was working on, we encountered the same issue when we disabled power draw and the shield skill - ironflesh and power strike became unclickable. I'd check if you've disabled any skills from module_skills.py

Anyways, here's some bugs:
River vertex on map is a bit too high. There also seems to be a patrol stuck there.

Default leggings show through the blue haramaki-do. (leather) I think it's caused by the lack of a itp_covers_legs flag on the armor.

Player party's name string doesn't show correctly:

String error in quest title and description. It's the quest you get when you formally introduce yourself to Hosokawa or Yamana as a Kuge.

Random mission template error during a battle - happened right after I killed a bandit with a dart.

Dialog error upon talking to the letter of introduction guy.

Nearby bridge joined the battle on my side:

The arrow quiver can obstruct first person mode and can clip through the head. I'm not sure if it's feasible or important to fix this one, but AFAIK, the itcf_carry_quiver_back_right seems to be rigged to the hips and tends to wiggle around a bit. It might be possible to alleviate this problem by translating the mesh to fit with itcf_carry_quiver_back, I think.

• The Kuge-introduction quest where I am supposed to deliver a message to Hosokawa Sadatomo also seems to be unfinishable. That may be related to the dialogue error.
  • The music also doesn't seem to be playing for me. Maybe the music is missing the mtf_module_track flag?
  • Also, I think that the white hair for troops is caused by the limit_hair_colors = 0 in module.ini. In Native, the value is set to 1 and the hair colors are limited based on entries in module_skins.py. My character's hair turned white when I pressed the "randomize face" button.

Additional information: latest version, 0.6.6-b3725. Hope that was some help.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 05:24:54 PM by Shik »

Offline Asterix

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 06:17:17 PM »
All merchant strings are broken (most) - Smithys work but money exchanger and merchants freeze up with following error:

Unable to get technique with name specular_alpha_cutouts

This happens when exiting most merchant interactions, while it also happens when trying to enter dojo.

Great fun despite buginess!